amazon-affiliate-banner1

Wednesday 25 January 2012

COOKING - A CREATIVE ART


www.chitrannaa.blogspot.in

Cooking is a creative art.. Like a painting, pottery poetry etc, raw materials go into it and a complete product comes out. While cooking one has to give weightage and importance not only to its taste but to its colors, textures, smell and presentation. It can be enjoyed only if it is taken as a pleasure You will get best results only when your heart is involved in it and you are marveled and derive pleasure while it is being created. In fact cooking and love for it is a gift from God.

Though it  is said that we should eat to live and not vice-e-versa, at the other extreme no man can survive without eating. So it is of great importance as to what, when and how we eat. Fortunately for me my mother was a not only a great cook (whose mother is not ?!) but had instilled a great passion in me for cooking from a very tender age. I used to marvel at most complicated cooking, always taking it as a challenge and trying always to be the best. And by God’s grace, my daughter is continuing this lineage and  in fact challenges me at times. Earlier we used to write recipes in bound books or diaries which originally white in colour would turn to yellow over the years. I even now have preserved my first cookbook though its page have turned brittle because it carries the sweet memories when my late mother dictated the recipes and was in fact very proud of my cooking.

This blog is a gift to my daughter and son who have grown so fond of my cooking that at times they even prefer my cooking to restaurant’s food (only a few, not all !). So that they need not have the botheration of writing and finding the notebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment