amazon-affiliate-banner1

Sunday 1 August 2021

Handle every situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.



Riiiiinnnngggg....

When the doorbell of our new apartment to which we had shifted just two days ago rang, I rushed outside to check, wondering who it could be. We are slowly adjusting to the community living in an apartment building, after living in independent house all these years.

That was our neighbour from the upstairs building, looking a bit disturbed and as soon as he saw me, he started complaining.

" Madam, please look in the lift, your dog has pooped in there, it's all so messy and disgusting.

I could not believe what I heard. As a dog mother of ten years, I know that my Pogo would never do it.

I tried to convince him saying that our helper had walked it in the morning and it would never do such things but in vain.

He insisted that he checked with the other dog owner in the building and that he had been informed that their dog had never left home.

I apologized, for no fault of mine or my Pogo, and promised him to clean it. But he insisted that I myself come out and see how messy and disgusting the lift has become.

Embarrassed to the core, I went and peeped into the lift, and " all the mess and disgusting thing " I could see was a spot of poop on the lift floor.

I once again apologized profusely and assured him that I would clean it right away.

When I narrated the incident to my husband Prakash, he was not at all willing to buy the allegation and insisted that it can't be our Pogo, a ten year well trained dog. But since I had no other option, I offered to clean it up and ventured out. 

As I opened the lift and entered inside, I took a good look. Then I stared. Again I peeped down. Then sat down there and couldn't control my laugh. Sitting on the lift floor was a brown, greenish dry leaf!

I took the leaf and carried it to our neighbour and showed him the "messy disgusting" thing.

You should have seen his face!!!

Now it was his turn to apologize profusely. I came home laughing, telling Prakash about our neighbour's faux pas.

But sitting there in the balcony with a serious offended face was our Pogo. He was not at all amused by these false allegations.

He is thinking of visiting his attorney to file a defamation suit!!!


1 comment:

  1. Staying in an appointment has its own advantages and disadvantages. Made nice reading. The neighbour had to cut a sorry face in the end

    ReplyDelete